Anurag Basu: My daughter wanted 'SOTY' to win Filmfare Award
The Filmfare Awards night was held in Mumbai and 'Barfi!' won the best film award.
Mumbai: If Anurag Basu's daughter had her way, Karan Johar's 'Student Of The Year' (SOTY) would have won the best film trophy at the 58th Idea Filmfare Awards, instead of her father's 'Barfi!'. Basu took to Twitter to inform Johar about his daughter's choice.
"I asked my daughter - 'Guess who won the best film at the Filmfare?' She said, 'It has to be SOTY'! Cinema is always subjective," Basu posted on Johar's wall.
To that, Johar replied: "True! And please give your daughter the tightest hug! My favourite film of the year won tonight! 'Barfi!'"
The Filmfare Awards night was held here Sunday and 'Barfi!' also won the best actor (male) trophy for Ranbir Kapoor.
- Cyclonic Storm Kyant May be Heading Towards Andhra Pradesh
- New Zealand PM Arrives, Modi Likely to Seek Support on NSG Entry During Meet Tomorrow
- PM Modi Warns of Action Against Those Who 'Snatch' Tribal Rights
- Celebrities Send Diwali Greetings To Jawans Following PM Modi's #Sandesh2Soldiers Campaign
- Madhur Bhandarkar Happy Over End of Protests Against ADHM
- No One Needs to Give Proof of Their Patriotism, Says CBFC Chief Pahlaj Nihalani
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Controversy: Shabana Azmi slams Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis
- Jio MAMI 2016: When Aishwarya Rai Made Newcomer Anushka Sharma Feel at Home