Anurag Basu: My daughter wanted 'SOTY' to win Filmfare Award
The Filmfare Awards night was held in Mumbai and 'Barfi!' won the best film award.
Mumbai: If Anurag Basu's daughter had her way, Karan Johar's 'Student Of The Year' (SOTY) would have won the best film trophy at the 58th Idea Filmfare Awards, instead of her father's 'Barfi!'. Basu took to Twitter to inform Johar about his daughter's choice.
"I asked my daughter - 'Guess who won the best film at the Filmfare?' She said, 'It has to be SOTY'! Cinema is always subjective," Basu posted on Johar's wall.
To that, Johar replied: "True! And please give your daughter the tightest hug! My favourite film of the year won tonight! 'Barfi!'"
The Filmfare Awards night was held here Sunday and 'Barfi!' also won the best actor (male) trophy for Ranbir Kapoor.
Recommended For You
- Porter's Son Thangarasu Natarajan: From Tennis Ball Star to IPL Big Bucks
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- Kangana, Shahid Promote Rangoon on TKSS: 5 Laugh Out Loud Moments
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More