DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Anurag Kashyap lauds Tamil film 'Paradesi'
Set in pre independent India, the movie narrates the problems of tea plantation workers in southern India.
Chennai: Filmmaker Anurag Kashyap said he was "absolutely blown" by Tamil period drama 'Paradesi', which he watched at a private screening.
"Just saw Bala's 'Paradesi'. Absolutely blown by it. His best yet," tweeted Kashyap, known for his offbeat Hindi films.
'Paradesi', based on English novel 'Red Tea' by Paul Harris Daniel, is directed by Bala Pazhanisaamy. Set in pre independent India, the movie narrates the problems of tea plantation workers in southern India. It stars Adharvaa Murali, Vedhika Kumar, Dhansika and Uma Riyaz Khan.
'Paradesi' was originally scheduled to release in December 2012, but was later called off. It is now releasing on Feb 15. However, GV Prakash Kumar has composed the music for the film, which has cinematography by Chezhiyan.
Anurag, meanwhile, he is busy wrapping up work for his two upcoming films 'Ugly' and 'Bombay Talkies'.
Paradesi, Red Tea, Vedhika Kumar, Dhansika, Uma Riyaz Khan
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan Turn on Delhi Swag in London
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet