Anurag Kashyap plans to shoot in Maha Kumbh
The filmmaker plans to shoot some portions of the film with hidden cameras.
New Delhi: Filmmaker Anurag Kashyap, who is currently busy working on his new film 'Bombay Talkies', plans to shoot at ongoing the Maha Kumbh in Allahabad for the movie.
"Earlier, for 'Gangs of Wasseypur', Anurag shot an entire Muharram scene using hidden cameras, which gave a very real feel to the film. For 'Bombay Talkies' too, he's going to shoot with them at the crowded mela," said a source.
With the large crowd that the Maha Kumbh is attracting, the filmmaker plans to shoot some portions of the film with hidden cameras.
Kashyap is also working on getting the required permission.
"Getting the required permissions is going to be a long process, but Anurag wants to use the visuals of the mela for his lead character. Since the story is of a common man from Allahabad, who comes to Mumbai, this will add a real feel to the movie."
'Bombay Talkies', a bouquet of four stories, has contribution by Dibakar Banerjee, Zoya Akhtar and Karan Johar. Releasing May 3, the film is an ode to 100 years of Indian cinema.
- China Urges India, Pakistan to Cool Down Situation
- Grandmother of Captured Indian Soldier Chandu Babulal Chavan Dies of Shock
- India Shouldn't Unilaterally Scrap Indus Waters Treaty: Medha Patkar
- Pakistan Briefs P5 Over Unprovoked Firing by India on LoC
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Journey of a Small-Town Boy With Big Dreams
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha
- Rahul Gandhi Pledges Congress' Full Support to Modi Over Surgical Strikes
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Sushant Gives a Knockout Performance