Anushka Sharma: Always wanted to work with Anurag Kashyap
Directed by filmmaker Anurag Kashyap, 'Bombay Velvet' brings actor Ranbir Kapoor and Anushka together on the silver
New Delhi: Actress Anushka Sharma will join the cast of upcoming movie 'Bombay Velvet' in Sri Lanka and is looking forward to the experience.
Directed by filmmaker Anurag Kashyap, 'Bombay Velvet' brings actor Ranbir Kapoor and Anushka together on the silver screen for the first time.
Last seen in director Vishal Bhardwaj's 'Matru Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola', Anushka said: "I am really excited and looking forward to joining the crew of 'Bombay Velvet' in Sri Lanka."
"I have always wanted to work with Anurag and I am glad that I am going to be a part of his biggest celluloid dream yet. I am sure it is going to be an unforgettable experience. Fingers crossed," she said in a statement.
Anushka will be shooting for 40 days in Sri Lanka to complete her first schedule.
Co-produced by Fox Star Studios and Phantom Films, 'Bombay Velvet' is set in Mumbai and the story covers 1950s to 1970s. It is the first film of a trilogy on how the city became a metropolis.
Recommended For You
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Oscar Predictions: La La Land or Moonlight; Who Will Win Big?
- Lion Movie Review: A Deeply Moving, Inspiring Film
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be