DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Anxious moments before Anna's announcement
Hazare took everyone by surprise by declaring that he would continue with his agitation.
New Delhi: The hours in the run-up to anti-corruption cruasder Anna Hazare's decision to end his hunger strike on Friday night had its share of anxious moments.
Hazare's initial announcement to postpone the decision to end his four-day fast till tomorrow led to some backroom maneuvering by civil society activists backing Hazare and union ministers.
Social activists Swami Agnivesh, Kiran Bedi and Arvind Kejriwal had reached an agreement on the modus operandi on the Lokpal Bill when they met Union Ministers Salman Khurshid, M Veerappa Moily and Kapil Sibal on Friday evening.
It was agreed that Hazare would announce that he had reached an agreement with the government and would end his fast once the government order to set up a joint drafting committee is issued.
However, Hazare took everyone by surprise by declaring that he would continue with his agitation and take a decision only on Saturday.
The issue was settled after a couple of phone calls by the activists to the negotiating team.
Within minutes, Hazare made another announcement that he would break his fast on Saturday morning, giving a sigh of relief to the ministers.
The government order is likely to be issued on Saturday and Hazare is expected to get a copy of the order before 10 am.
Recommended For You
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Bangladesh vs Pakistan, Champions Trophy Warm-up, Live From Birmingham
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet