'Anyone handling petroleum ministry will be frustrated'
No one can explain why and who is increasing oil prices when there is no disconnect between demand and supply, Reddy said.
New Delhi: Sulking Science and Technology Minister S Jaipal Reddy on Monday said anybody handling the ministry of petroleum and natural gas would be "totally frustrated". "I was the minister of petroleum and natural gas. Anybody who handles this portfolio will be totally frustrated as nobody knows why the oil prices increase," he said at the International Bio-energy Summit in New Delhi.
Reddy pointed out that India imported 75 per cent of its oil requirement and no one can explain why and who is increasing oil prices when there is no disconnect between demand and supply. "That is the mystery economists have to solve," he said.
70-year-old Reddy, who was made Petroleum Minister in January 2011, was shifted to the Ministry of Science and Technology and Earth Sciences in the Cabinet reshuffle on October 28. BJP and civil society leaders have attacked Prime Minister Manmohan Singh's decision to take Reddy out of Petroleum Ministry contending that the move had been dictated by corporate pressure.
Reddy, however, had said that the Prime Minister had taken him into confidence before changing his portfolio.
Recommended For You
- Priyanka Chopra Slays In This Oscars After Party Ensemble
- Sunny Pawar Is Winning Hollywood One Award Ceremony at a Time
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- 'Indecision' Review System: India Get 17 Out of 55 Calls Right