AOL shutting down the once-popular Winamp media player
Winamp media players will no longer be available for download past December 20.
New Delhi: AOL announced the closure of Winamp.com and its associated web services. The services will no longer be available from December 20, 2013, said the company.
The company has also made it clear that Winamp media players will no longer be available for download past Dec 20. Users can download the latest version of media players before that date.
Winamp is one of the world's most popular media players allow users to manage and play audio and video files. Winamp supports playback of 60 audio and video formats, and is available in two versions - Winamp Standard and Winamp Pro.
Winamp, which is now a subsidiary of AOL, was created by Nullsoft in 1997 as a community supported media play and was a pioneer as well as a disruptor in the digital media space. Nullsoft was acquired by AOL in 1999.
Recommended For You
- I Had Warned BCCI Against Preparing a Dry Pitch: Pune Curator
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone