DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
AOL shutting down the once-popular Winamp media player
Winamp media players will no longer be available for download past December 20.
New Delhi: AOL announced the closure of Winamp.com and its associated web services. The services will no longer be available from December 20, 2013, said the company.
The company has also made it clear that Winamp media players will no longer be available for download past Dec 20. Users can download the latest version of media players before that date.
Winamp is one of the world's most popular media players allow users to manage and play audio and video files. Winamp supports playback of 60 audio and video formats, and is available in two versions - Winamp Standard and Winamp Pro.
Winamp, which is now a subsidiary of AOL, was created by Nullsoft in 1997 as a community supported media play and was a pioneer as well as a disruptor in the digital media space. Nullsoft was acquired by AOL in 1999.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- GST Impact – Mercedes Announces Price Reduction by Upto 9%
- Bollywood Stars Attend Karan Johar's Birthday Bash
- Idea 4G Services Launched in Mumbai With Invitation Offers, Promotional Tariffs