DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
AP: Aadhaar-LPG cylinders linkage deadline extended
In the wake of concerns expressed by the citizens, Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy had urged the Union Petroleum Ministry to extend the deadline.
Hyderabad: In a relief to the citizens of Andhra Pradesh capital, the deadline for linkage of LPG cylinders on subsidy with Aadhaar has been extended till March 15. With the oil companies earlier deciding to make Aadhaar linkage compulsory for availing LPG cylinder on subsidy, a mad rush was witnessed for Aadhar enrolment.
However, the residents had resorted to road blockades on the busy Hyderabad-Vijayawada highway to protest against the non-availability of Aadhaar forms and other problems at the enrolment centres.
In the wake of concerns expressed by the citizens, Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy had urged the Union Petroleum Ministry to extend the deadline. With the Centre agreeing to the request, the state government today said the people of Hyderabad and neighbouring Ranga Reddy district can now provide their Aadhaar enrolment numbers to the gas agencies till March 15, state government officials said.
Residents of Anantpur, Chittoor and East Godavari also have to submit their Aadhaar numbers to the gas agencies, they added.
Recommended For You
- Sunny Deol Shares Son Karan Deol's Photo From His First Day at Shoot
- Sonam Kapoor's Recent Look At Cannes Is Giving Us Major Beach Envy
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- IPL 2017: Jos Buttler Does a Ranbir Kapoor to Celebrate Mumbai Indians Win
- Aaradhaya Steals the Thunder From Mom Aishwarya at Cannes 2017