AP: Aadhaar-LPG cylinders linkage deadline extended
In the wake of concerns expressed by the citizens, Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy had urged the Union Petroleum Ministry to extend the deadline.
Hyderabad: In a relief to the citizens of Andhra Pradesh capital, the deadline for linkage of LPG cylinders on subsidy with Aadhaar has been extended till March 15. With the oil companies earlier deciding to make Aadhaar linkage compulsory for availing LPG cylinder on subsidy, a mad rush was witnessed for Aadhar enrolment.
However, the residents had resorted to road blockades on the busy Hyderabad-Vijayawada highway to protest against the non-availability of Aadhaar forms and other problems at the enrolment centres.
In the wake of concerns expressed by the citizens, Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy had urged the Union Petroleum Ministry to extend the deadline. With the Centre agreeing to the request, the state government today said the people of Hyderabad and neighbouring Ranga Reddy district can now provide their Aadhaar enrolment numbers to the gas agencies till March 15, state government officials said.
Residents of Anantpur, Chittoor and East Godavari also have to submit their Aadhaar numbers to the gas agencies, they added.
Recommended For You
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: MS Dhoni Slams Ton As Jharkhand Beat Chattisgarh
- Oscars 2017: Why The Sudden Criticism For La La Land Is Disappointing
- Afghanistan Pacer Shapoor Zadran in Mumbai, Wants to Meet SRK
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films
- Oscars 2017: 20 Lesser Known Facts About the Most Prestigious Film Awards