AP: Advani offers prayers at Lord Venkateswara temple
Advani offered prayers at the famous hill shrine of Lord Venkateswara at Tirumala on Saturday.
Tirupati: Senior BJP leader L K Advani offered prayers at the famous hill shrine of Lord Venkateswara at nearby Tirumala on Saturday. The veteran BJP leader arrived at Renigunta airport near here on Friday afternoon. After an overnight stay on the hills, he offered prayers at the temple early this morning, where he spent about half an hour, temple sources said.
Advani was also presented with sacred prasadam, silk cloth and celestial water in 'Ranganayaka Mandapam' in the temple by TTD Chairman, K Bapiraju and other top TTD officials, they said. Later, Advani took part in the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Home Affairs meeting under the Chairmanship of M Venkaiah Naidu along with seven committee members, including Kanimozhi, daughter of DMK chief M Karunanidhi, with top TTD and other security officials.
The meeting, held in a TTD guest house here, discussed measures to enhance security at the hill shrine and would submit a report to Parliament at the earliest, they said.
- Barack Obama Trolls Donald Trump Over 'Mean Tweet' on Late Night TV
- Indian-American Governors Bobby Jindal, Nikki Haley Insulted by Trump
- Despite Bleak Electoral Map, Donald Trump Says, 'We Are Winning'
- Trump Calls Clinton 'Nasty Woman'; Voters Rally Behind her
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 8: Celebrities Get Malik Status, Indiawale Fight Among Themselves
- Quetta Attack: Why Pak's 'Action Plan' on Terror Became 'Inaction Plan'
- Pakistan vs West Indies Live Score: 2nd Test, Day 5
- Tata Group Stocks Fall on Mistry's Ouster; Tata Steel Down 3%