DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
AP: Advani offers prayers at Lord Venkateswara temple
Advani offered prayers at the famous hill shrine of Lord Venkateswara at Tirumala on Saturday.
Tirupati: Senior BJP leader L K Advani offered prayers at the famous hill shrine of Lord Venkateswara at nearby Tirumala on Saturday. The veteran BJP leader arrived at Renigunta airport near here on Friday afternoon. After an overnight stay on the hills, he offered prayers at the temple early this morning, where he spent about half an hour, temple sources said.
Advani was also presented with sacred prasadam, silk cloth and celestial water in 'Ranganayaka Mandapam' in the temple by TTD Chairman, K Bapiraju and other top TTD officials, they said. Later, Advani took part in the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Home Affairs meeting under the Chairmanship of M Venkaiah Naidu along with seven committee members, including Kanimozhi, daughter of DMK chief M Karunanidhi, with top TTD and other security officials.
The meeting, held in a TTD guest house here, discussed measures to enhance security at the hill shrine and would submit a report to Parliament at the earliest, they said.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet