AP: College student commits suicide after being denied hall ticket
K Sai Kumar, a student of Kranthi Junior College at Jogipet, went to collect his hall ticket on Tuesday, but returned without it.
Sangareddy: A college student committed suicide on Wednesday for allegedly being denied a hall ticket by the college management to appear for annual exams. Police sources said that K Sai Kumar (17) of Sangupet village, Andole mandal of Medak district, a student of Kranthi Junior College at Jogipet' went to college on Tuesday to collect his hall ticket, but returned home without it.
On Wednesday morning, he hanged himself in his house in Sangupet village.
His father Kishtaiah said that his son committed suicide because the college management did not issue the hall ticket because college fees of Rs 600 was not paid.
Student unions staged a dharna in Jogipet demanding immediate action against the college management. On the other hand, the college management denied all allegations and claimed that the deceased student did not owe any fees to the college and hence the question of denying the hall ticket did not arise.
The college management claimed that when the student came for his hall ticket, the principal and staff had a lunch break and students were asked to wait, but the deceased student went back and did not wait. The Jogipet police is verifying statements made by both sides.
- BlackBerry To Stop Making Handsets, Will Outsource Production
- Not Approached for 'Comedy Nights Bachao': Hrithik Roshan
- Krushna Abhishek Wants Healthy Competition With Kapil Sharma
- Dear Krushna Abhishek, why are you sticking to Kapil Sharma's brand of humour we want to get rid of?
- We Look Forward to DRS Introduction in Future: Virat Kohli
- Virat Kohli's India look to Wrap Series At Eden, Regain No.1 Spot
- Not Easy for Off-Colour Martin Guptill to be Aggressive in Subcontinent: Anil Kumble
- Cricket Association of Bengal Installs Bell at Eden Gardens Ahead of Second Test