DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
AP: Court again rejects Jagan's bail plea in assets case
A special court on Tuesday dismissed another bail petition of YSR Congress Party leader Y S Jaganmohan Reddy.
Hyderabad: A special court here on Tuesday dismissed another bail petition of YSR Congress Party leader Y S Jaganmohan Reddy in the alleged disproportionate assets case. The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) special court dismissed the bail petition of Jagan, as the MP from Kadapa is popularly known. This was his second bail petition dismissed by the court in a week.
The court Nov 28 dismissed the first petition, in which Jagan sought to invoke his statutory right to bail, claiming that the CBI had failed to complete the probe in his case within the stipulated 90 days. The CBI said if released on bail, Jagan could influence the investigations and tamper with evidence.
Jagan was arrested by the CBI on May 27 and lodged in Chanchalguda Central Jail here. The CBI alleged that Jagan conspired with his father and then Chief Minister Y S Rajasekhara Reddy to favour some individuals and companies, which made quid pro quo investments in his businesses.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Ashwin Looking to Unleash New Weapon
- Volkswagen Tiguan SUV Launched in India for Rs 27.68 Lakhs
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- Snapchat 'Custom Stories' Feature Looks Promising For Group Outings
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish