AP: Court again rejects Jagan's bail plea in assets case
A special court on Tuesday dismissed another bail petition of YSR Congress Party leader Y S Jaganmohan Reddy.
Hyderabad: A special court here on Tuesday dismissed another bail petition of YSR Congress Party leader Y S Jaganmohan Reddy in the alleged disproportionate assets case. The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) special court dismissed the bail petition of Jagan, as the MP from Kadapa is popularly known. This was his second bail petition dismissed by the court in a week.
The court Nov 28 dismissed the first petition, in which Jagan sought to invoke his statutory right to bail, claiming that the CBI had failed to complete the probe in his case within the stipulated 90 days. The CBI said if released on bail, Jagan could influence the investigations and tamper with evidence.
Jagan was arrested by the CBI on May 27 and lodged in Chanchalguda Central Jail here. The CBI alleged that Jagan conspired with his father and then Chief Minister Y S Rajasekhara Reddy to favour some individuals and companies, which made quid pro quo investments in his businesses.
- BSF Officer Injured in Pakistan Shelling, Succumbs
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Arrested by Delhi Police For Possessing Defence Related Documents
- Asian Development Bank Declines to Fund Pakistan Dam Project
- Kashmir a Matter For India, Pakistan to Sort Out: British PM Theresa May
- Philippines' Rodrigo Duterte Wants US Troops Out in Two Years, Willing to Scrap Defence Pacts
- Philippines' Duterte Sparking Distress Around the World, Says US
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official
- Philippines President Duterte Does a U-turn, Says Won't Sever US Ties