AP: Ex-minister calls CM anti-Dalit
P Shankar Rao lodged a complaint against CM Kiran Kumar Reddy under the SC and ST (Prevention of Atrocities) Act.
Hyderabad: Denied permission to address the media at the Congress Legislature Party (CLP) office, former Andhra Pradesh minister P Shankar Rao on Friday lodged a police complaint against Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy for violating provisions of the the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Act.
The senior legislator, who has been publicly attacking the chief minister, termed him anti-Dalit. Shankar Rao, who is the member of assembly from Secunderabad Cantonment constituency, alleged that he was being deprived of his rights as a legislator.
He also submitted a breach of privilege notice and a complaint under the SC/ST Act to the assembly speaker, and threatened to launch a protest if no action was taken on his complaint in 24 hours. Shankar Rao said he would also approach the state human rights commission.
For the second consecutive day, Shankar Rao visited the CLP office in the assembly premises but found the press room locked. The office staff told him that he had not taken a permission from the CLP secretary to hold a press conference there.
Embarrassed over the criticism of the chief minister by Shankar Rao and Health Minister D L Ravindra Reddy, the CLP has banned the duo from using the party office to address the media. "This is illegal confinement. Locking somebody in his house or not allowing him to enter the house both come under illegal confinement," the legislator said.
Shankar Rao, who was dropped from the cabinet in February this year, has already filed a case against the chief minister in the Andhra Pradesh High Court, alleging that he is involved in illegal exports of red sander.
- Celebrate Diwali With Pious And Not With Noise
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Movie Review: Soulfully Acted, It'll Strike a Chord With The Audience
- Hosting a Card Party This Diwali? 5 Easy Snack Ideas to Make Your Preparations Easier
- New Zealand Policemen Dance To Salman Khan's Hit Songs To Celebrate Diwali
- Shivaay Movie Review: Ajay Devgn Is In Every Frame and We Wish He Wasn't
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil, Shivaay Advance Bookings Have Been Phenomenal: Reports
- Don't Have Grace in Dancing: Ajay Devgn
- We All Felt Golmaal 2 Was a Crap Film: Ajay Devgn