AP minister concerned over 'excessive' use of pesticides
Narayana said Guntur district has the dubious distinction of using 427 kgs of fertilisers per hectare, which is the highest in the country.
Guntur: Andhra Pradesh Agriculture Minister Kanna Lakshmi Narayana on Tuesday expressed serious concern over the "excessive" use of fertilisers and pesticides by farmers in the state, saying the ongoing trend would reflect on the quality of soil and cost of cultivation.
The minister was speaking at a meeting of agriculture scientists from three districts at the regional agriculture research station near Guntur.
"Guntur district has the dubious distinction of using 427 kgs of fertilisers per hectare, which is the highest in the country", he said while appealing to agriculture scientists to educate farmers on judicious utilisation of pesticides.
Recommended For You
- Porter's Son Thangarasu Natarajan: From Tennis Ball Star to IPL Big Bucks
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- Kangana, Shahid Promote Rangoon on TKSS: 5 Laugh Out Loud Moments
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Shahid Kapoor's Pre-Birthday Bash: Deepika, Alia, Katrina steal the show