AP minister concerned over 'excessive' use of pesticides
Narayana said Guntur district has the dubious distinction of using 427 kgs of fertilisers per hectare, which is the highest in the country.
Guntur: Andhra Pradesh Agriculture Minister Kanna Lakshmi Narayana on Tuesday expressed serious concern over the "excessive" use of fertilisers and pesticides by farmers in the state, saying the ongoing trend would reflect on the quality of soil and cost of cultivation.
The minister was speaking at a meeting of agriculture scientists from three districts at the regional agriculture research station near Guntur.
"Guntur district has the dubious distinction of using 427 kgs of fertilisers per hectare, which is the highest in the country", he said while appealing to agriculture scientists to educate farmers on judicious utilisation of pesticides.
- Harshvardhan Kapoor is Special Because He's my First Co-Star: Saiyami Kher
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya
- Love is a Feeling Beyond Your Control: Ranbir Kapoor
- Rishi, Neetu and Riddhima Post Messages For Ranbir Kapoor On His Birthday
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Journey of a Small-Town Boy With Big Dreams
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha
- Border Villages in Punjab Back Army Action, Hail PM Modi
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Sushant Gives a Knockout Performance