DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
AP minister concerned over 'excessive' use of pesticides
Narayana said Guntur district has the dubious distinction of using 427 kgs of fertilisers per hectare, which is the highest in the country.
Guntur: Andhra Pradesh Agriculture Minister Kanna Lakshmi Narayana on Tuesday expressed serious concern over the "excessive" use of fertilisers and pesticides by farmers in the state, saying the ongoing trend would reflect on the quality of soil and cost of cultivation.
The minister was speaking at a meeting of agriculture scientists from three districts at the regional agriculture research station near Guntur.
"Guntur district has the dubious distinction of using 427 kgs of fertilisers per hectare, which is the highest in the country", he said while appealing to agriculture scientists to educate farmers on judicious utilisation of pesticides.
Recommended For You
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams Review: A Rush Of Nostalgia For Tendulkar's Fans
- 'Anil Kumble, Virat Kohli Not On Same Page About Pay Hike'
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- GST Impact – Mercedes Announces Price Reduction by Upto 9%
- Rishabh Pant Adds New Mercedes to His Garage After IPL Heroics