AP: Police constable sets girlfriend on fire
Kishore Babu had first struck an acquaintance with Shivani Priya but he planned to marry another woman later on.
Guntur: A police constable allegedly set on fire his pregnant girlfriend for coming in the way of his proposed marriage with another woman, police said on Sunday. The woman, who suffered fifty per cent burns, is out of danger, doctors at the government general hospital said.
Kishore Babu (25), a constable posted in Guntur had struck an acquaintance with Shivani Priya (22) when they were in Hyderabad, police said. However, he was later appointed as a constable in Guntur and planned to marry another woman. But Shivani, who claimed that she was pregnant from him, went to his place and argued with him, police said.
Annoyed over this, the constable put kersone on her and set her ablaze, they added. When his neighbours noticed this, they rescued the woman and later admitted her to government hospital. The accused fled from the spot, police said adding that further probe was on.
- Islamic State Using Civilians as Human Shields Against Iraqi Troops: UN Official
- Chief Justice of India Differs With Arun Jaitley on Courts Delaying Arbitration
- Islamic State Has Seized 550 Iraqi Families to Use as Human Shields, Says UN
- After Rita Bahuguna Joshi's Exit, More Congress Veterans Eye BJP
- Let's See to What Extent Order is Carried Out by BCCI: Justice Lodha
- Pierce Brosnan Thought He Was Endorsing A Tooth Whitener, Twitter Had A Field Day
- Justice Lodha Speaks on SC's Decision to Curb BCCI's Financial Prowess
- BCCI vs Lodha: SC Limits BCCI's Financial Powers, Asks Panel to Appoint Auditor