AP: Panchayat offers Rs 1,500 to rape survivor's family to stay silent
The incident came to light only on Sunday when the girls parents filed a complaint against the accused, a 30-year-old farmer Appa Rao.
Hyderabad: An 11-year-old was allegedly raped on Friday night in a rural village of Visakhapatnam district in Andhra Pradesh. The incident came to light only on Sunday when the girls parents filed a complaint against the accused, a 30-year-old farmer Appa Rao.
What is astonishing is the fact that the parents had gone to the village elders to resolve the issue who then asked them to keep quiet by offering Rs 1,500 as medical compensation.
The district SP said the accused has been arrested and the police are also probing the role of village Khap Panchayat.
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1