AP: Panchayat offers Rs 1,500 to rape survivor's family to stay silent
The incident came to light only on Sunday when the girls parents filed a complaint against the accused, a 30-year-old farmer Appa Rao.
Hyderabad: An 11-year-old was allegedly raped on Friday night in a rural village of Visakhapatnam district in Andhra Pradesh. The incident came to light only on Sunday when the girls parents filed a complaint against the accused, a 30-year-old farmer Appa Rao.
What is astonishing is the fact that the parents had gone to the village elders to resolve the issue who then asked them to keep quiet by offering Rs 1,500 as medical compensation.
The district SP said the accused has been arrested and the police are also probing the role of village Khap Panchayat.
- 'Daring Voice of India's Pride' at UNGA Wins Applause From AAP
- Rampant Borussia Dortmund Will Put Stuttering Real Madrid to the Test
- UNGA: Sushma Says Kashmir Integral Part of India; Asks Pakistan To Stop Dreaming
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Will Live Up to the Hype: Neeraj Pandey
- Houston Shooting: At least 9 Injured, Gunman Dead
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Ashwin, Jadeja Star as India Thump New Zealand in Historic 500th Test
- R Ashwin Becomes Fastest Indian to 200 Test Wickets