DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
AP: Panchayat offers Rs 1,500 to rape survivor's family to stay silent
The incident came to light only on Sunday when the girls parents filed a complaint against the accused, a 30-year-old farmer Appa Rao.
Hyderabad: An 11-year-old was allegedly raped on Friday night in a rural village of Visakhapatnam district in Andhra Pradesh. The incident came to light only on Sunday when the girls parents filed a complaint against the accused, a 30-year-old farmer Appa Rao.
What is astonishing is the fact that the parents had gone to the village elders to resolve the issue who then asked them to keep quiet by offering Rs 1,500 as medical compensation.
The district SP said the accused has been arrested and the police are also probing the role of village Khap Panchayat.
Recommended For You
- Would Have Approached the 2003 World Cup Differently if T20s Existed Then: Tendulkar
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Manchester Arena Terror Attack: All You Wanted to Know About Ariana Grande
- Ford Names James Hackett As New CEO