DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
AP: Train movement disrupted after heavy rains
The track restoration work is going on and the main line would be restored by tonight, Additional Divisional Railway Manager said.
Visakhapatnam: Goods and passenger train movement on the Kirandul-Kothavalasa (KK) line was disrupted due to breaches and falling of boulders on the track at various sites due to heavy rains, officials said. Forty meters of rail track and seven meters depth of land underneath the track at Boddavara near Srungavarapukota on the KK line was damaged due to heavy downpour during the last few days.
The track restoration work is going on in full swing and the main line would be restored by tonight, Additional Divisional Railway Manager C Madhusudhana Rao told PTI today. It would take another 24 hours to restore the second line as big boulders had fallen on the track, he said.
KK line is important for transportation of iron ore from Kirundul in Chhattisgarh and nearby areas.
Recommended For You
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams: It Coasts Along on the Strength of Nostalgia
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Virender Sehwag Asked to Apply for the Post of India Coach
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi