DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
AP Twitter account hacked, NY markets plunge
The tweet said that there had been two explosions at the White House and President Barack Obama was injured.
London: Hackers compromised Twitter accounts of The Associated Press on Tuesday, sending out an erroneous tweet about an attack at the White House. The tweet said that there had been two explosions at the White House and President Barack Obama was injured. The attack on AP's Twitter account and AP Mobile Twitter account was preceded by a phishing attempt on AP's corporate network.
The AP confirmed that its Twitter account had been suspended following a hack and said it was working to correct the issue.
The tweet put out by hackers briefly sent the Dow Jones Industrial Average sharply lower.
Recommended For You
- Reason For Aleem Dar's New Look Revealed
- Virender Sehwag Asked to Apply for the Post of India Coach
- Take a Journey Through the Lives of Famous Sportsmen With These Films
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi