AP Twitter account hacked, NY markets plunge
The tweet said that there had been two explosions at the White House and President Barack Obama was injured.
London: Hackers compromised Twitter accounts of The Associated Press on Tuesday, sending out an erroneous tweet about an attack at the White House. The tweet said that there had been two explosions at the White House and President Barack Obama was injured. The attack on AP's Twitter account and AP Mobile Twitter account was preceded by a phishing attempt on AP's corporate network.
The AP confirmed that its Twitter account had been suspended following a hack and said it was working to correct the issue.
The tweet put out by hackers briefly sent the Dow Jones Industrial Average sharply lower.
- Karnataka Defers Cauvery Water Release to Thursday
- Karnataka Parties Against Release of Cauvery Water
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- Siddaramaiah Says Not Possible To Release Water Right Away
- Indus Water Treaty: India Can't Unilaterally Separate Itself, Says Sharif
- Pakistan Capable of Meeting Any Threat: Nawaz Sharif
- Collapse of SAARC Summit Unfortunate, Says Mehbooba Mufti
- Sushmita Sen Slams Donald Trump For Body Shaming Ex-Miss Universe Alicia Machado