APJ Abdul Kalam supports FDI in retail
The former president said as long as India can build the capacity of aggressiveness in marketing and competitiveness, FDI is not a dangerous thing.
Kolkata: Pitching for foreign direct investment (FDI) in retail, former president APJ Abdul Kalam on Sunday said the country should build capacity for aggressively marketing its products at the global level.
Averring that the factors separating the developed and the developing world were "aggressive marketing" and "competitiveness", Kalam said: "As long as we can build the capacity of aggressiveness in marketing and competitiveness, FDI is not a dangerous thing."
Addressing a function organised by the Bharat Chamber of Commerce, Kalam said: "The developed (world) wants to sell its goods to all the developed countries as well as the developing countries. The developing countries like us, we want to market our products. Both of them want to market their products. The common link is competitiveness and aggressive marketing."
Commenting on movements resisting nuclear power, Kalam said, he had visited the site of the nuclear energy park at Tamil Nadu's Kudankulam. "I know it to be one of the safest plants with four safety barriers that are inter-locked."
"I am against fossil fuels. I am for nuclear power, solar power, wind power and hydel power," he said.
- Jayalalithaa Interacting, Progressing Gradually, Says Apollo Hospitals
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: UP Amass 524, Tamil Nadu 34/1 on Day 2
- Reliance Jio 4G Speeds Slow? Here's What You Need to Know About Daily FUP
- 31st October Movie Review: Has Nothing New to Offer
- Abhishek Verma Rejects Allegations of Purported Defence Leaks by Varun Gandhi
- Wasn't Honey-trapped, Did Not Leak Defence Secrets, Says Varun Gandhi
- Boris Johnson's Anti-Brexit Article Made Public by UK Daily
- Britain's PM Theresa May Heads to India With Eye on Post-Brexit Trade
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18