Apollo blood cancer clinic in Kolkata
The Apollo Gleneagles Hospital has opened their haemato-oncology (blood cancer) clinic in Kolkata.
Kolkata: The Apollo Gleneagles Hospital has opened their haemato-oncology (blood cancer) clinic in Kolkata to cope with the increasing number of cancer patients pouring in from different parts of eastern India.
This specialty unit, opened on Tuesday, will have all the state-of-the-art facilities to provide treatment for different types of haemato oncological disorder, commonly termed as blood cancer, said Soumya Bhattacharya, consultant haemo oncologist, Apollo Gleneagles.
He said the number of new cancer patients in West Bengal is increasing every year.
"We receive more than 2,000 new cases of Acute Myleloid Leukemia (AML) in Kolkata. This apart, over 3,000 get affected by Chronic Lymphatic Leukemia (CLL) every year and come to Kolkata for treatment," he noted.
Bhattacharya said Kolkata had also become a place where many patients come to get better treatment for oncological disorder.
"We have seen that patients from Jharkhand, Bihar, Orissa and the northeast prefer to come to Kolkata for getting medical facilities here." he added.
Apollo Gleneagles Hospital is Kolkata's 325-bed multi-speciality tertiary hospital with comprehensive oncology services covering medical oncology and surgical aspects.
- Akhilesh Yadav Sacks Shivpal From Ministry, Mulayam Camp Expels Ram Gopal
- No Mercy: Stage Set For Big Showdown Between Mulayam and Akhilesh Camps
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official
- Samajwadi Party Family Feud: Timeline of Happenings in Uttar Pradesh Pari-war
- Philippines President Duterte Does a U-turn, Says Won't Sever US Ties
- After Rita Bahuguna Joshi's Exit, More Congress Veterans Eye BJP
- US Has Few Good Options for Response to Philippine President Duterte
- News360: Upset with Sheila as Congress CM Face, Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP