Apple fined $368 mn for violating patents in Facetime app
The patents relate to virtual private networking and were infringed by Apple's Facetime application.
Bangalore: Shares of VirnetX Holding Corp jumped 27 per cent after a jury asked Apple Inc to pay about $368 million to the Internet security software maker for infringement of four patents.
The patents relate to virtual private networking and were infringed by Apple's Facetime application used in iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and Mac computers.
The Court for the Eastern District of Texas, Tyler Division, will hear the post-trial motions in the coming weeks, VirnetX said in a statement.
VirnetX shares were up $6.46 at $32.75 in afternoon trading on the American Stock Exchange.
Recommended For You
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- Shahid Kapoor's Pre-Birthday Bash: Deepika, Alia, Katrina steal the show
- IPL 2017: Hyderabad Pacer Siraj Says "Want to Take Virat Kohli's Wicket"