DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Apple fined $368 mn for violating patents in Facetime app
The patents relate to virtual private networking and were infringed by Apple's Facetime application.
Bangalore: Shares of VirnetX Holding Corp jumped 27 per cent after a jury asked Apple Inc to pay about $368 million to the Internet security software maker for infringement of four patents.
The patents relate to virtual private networking and were infringed by Apple's Facetime application used in iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and Mac computers.
The Court for the Eastern District of Texas, Tyler Division, will hear the post-trial motions in the coming weeks, VirnetX said in a statement.
VirnetX shares were up $6.46 at $32.75 in afternoon trading on the American Stock Exchange.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy: All-out Aggression Will Not Work In English Conditions, Says Kedar
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- Jab We Met, Chak De! India and Other Films That Turn 10 in 2017
- Vinod Kambli Shares Age-old Picture With Sachin Tendulkar
- Nana Patekar Bags Key Role In Kaala Karikaalan