Apple fined $368 mn for violating patents in Facetime app
The patents relate to virtual private networking and were infringed by Apple's Facetime application.
Bangalore: Shares of VirnetX Holding Corp jumped 27 per cent after a jury asked Apple Inc to pay about $368 million to the Internet security software maker for infringement of four patents.
The patents relate to virtual private networking and were infringed by Apple's Facetime application used in iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and Mac computers.
The Court for the Eastern District of Texas, Tyler Division, will hear the post-trial motions in the coming weeks, VirnetX said in a statement.
VirnetX shares were up $6.46 at $32.75 in afternoon trading on the American Stock Exchange.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology