Apple gets its 'rectangle with rounded corners' patent
After Apple obtained this patent, the competition could be worried about their similarly shaped devices.
New Delhi: Apple, which has been seen accusing Samsung of copying the entire design and user experience of Apple's iPhone and iPad, has now been granted the design patent on rectangular shape with rounded edges. The US Patent and Trademark Office has now issued patent no. D670,286 to Apple and it covers the outer edge shape of a device.
The patent "really does cover the outer edge shape of a device. There's no other way to look at it," says The Verge.
Previous Apple design patents concerning the iPad and iPhone would cover at least one additional feature in solid lines such as the home button or the back surface contour, while this design patent ignores everything else and only focuses on the the shape. While Apple may have been given the patent for 'a rectangle with rounded corners' and the competition could be worried about their similarly shaped devices, The Verge puts it as "a weapon too fragile for battle."
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology