DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Apple gets its 'rectangle with rounded corners' patent
After Apple obtained this patent, the competition could be worried about their similarly shaped devices.
New Delhi: Apple, which has been seen accusing Samsung of copying the entire design and user experience of Apple's iPhone and iPad, has now been granted the design patent on rectangular shape with rounded edges. The US Patent and Trademark Office has now issued patent no. D670,286 to Apple and it covers the outer edge shape of a device.
The patent "really does cover the outer edge shape of a device. There's no other way to look at it," says The Verge.
Previous Apple design patents concerning the iPad and iPhone would cover at least one additional feature in solid lines such as the home button or the back surface contour, while this design patent ignores everything else and only focuses on the the shape. While Apple may have been given the patent for 'a rectangle with rounded corners' and the competition could be worried about their similarly shaped devices, The Verge puts it as "a weapon too fragile for battle."
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Ashwin Looking to Unleash New Weapon
- Volkswagen Tiguan SUV Launched in India for Rs 27.68 Lakhs
- Champions Trophy 2017: India - Strengths and Weaknesses
- Snapchat 'Custom Stories' Feature Looks Promising For Group Outings
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish