DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Apple gets patent for MacBook Air design
Apple has been awarded a fresh set of 19 patents, of which one is for the design of the MacBook Air.
New Delhi: Apple has been awarded a fresh set of 19 patents bu the US Patent and Trademark Office, of which one is for the design of the MacBook Air, a product design that has inspired a number of clones. Initially among netbooks and now in ultrabooks.
Apple has been involved in a number of legal battles, most significantly with Samsung alleging that the South Korean electronics giant copied the iPhone and the iPad for its Galaxy range of tablets and smartphones.
A number of ultrabooks including those from Samsung, Dell and Asus look visually similar to the Apple MacBook Air, the portable notebook that was first launched in January 2008.
The patent filed on July 21, 2011 and issued on February 14, 2012 lists 15 names as inventors, one of which is Steve Jobs.
Recommended For You
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- GST Impact – Mercedes Announces Price Reduction by Upto 9%
- Qualcomm India Roadmap: More For Indian Smartphone Users