Apple seeks ban on Samsung Galaxy Nexus in US
Apple said the Galaxy Nexus infringes on patents underlying features customers expect from its products.
New York: Apple Inc has asked a federal court in California to block Samsung Electronics Co Ltd from selling its new Galaxy Nexus smartphones, alleging patent violations.
In a suit filed last week in San Jose, Apple said the Galaxy Nexus infringes on patents underlying features customers expect from its products. Those include the ability to unlock phones by sliding an image and to search for information by voice.
Samsung spokespersons did not immediately return requests for comment.
With the new suit, Apple is opening up another legal assault on the Korea-based company after taking Samsung to the same court in April of last year. In the earlier case, Apple alleges that Samsung illegally copied iPhone and iPad design features and the look of its screen icons. That case is still going on, though in December Apple lost a bid for a preliminary bar against Samsung for selling Galaxy phones and tablets.
Apple acknowledged the setback in the new action and said now it is suing over new products and different patents.
In addition to the California cases, Apple and Samsung are waging more than 20 legal fights in at least 10 countries in their war for global leadership of smartphone and tablet markets.
- Don't Use 'His Excellency' Tag For Me, Says TN Guv Rao
- Kabaddi World Cup 2016: Coach Dedicates Title Win to Uri Martyrs
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: Mumbai 290/5 After Herwadkar Ton; Mukund Puts Tamil Nadu in Control
- Ranji Trophy, Group C: J&k Take Lead Vs Andhra; Services Struggle Against Goa
- Jio MAMI 2016: When Aishwarya Rai Made Newcomer Anushka Sharma Feel at Home
- Jio MAMI 2016: Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Will Be Like a Therapy for Unrequited Love, Says Karan Johar
- TWTW: Cyrus Broacha talks about Anurag Khashyap's tweet over ADHM
- Watch: Karan Johar Reveals His Funniest Moments On Koffee With Karan
From Our Network
- Samajwadi Party LIVE: Mulayam Singh Yadav expels Ram Gopal for 6 years from party; Shivpal Yadav says he conspired with BJP- FirstPost
- This co-operative society manager with Rs 8,000 salary is a crorepati - Pradesh18
- Boy tied to pole, mercilessly beaten for stealing cigarettes from a shop - Pradesh18