Apple slides to No 6 in China smartphone market
Apple's third quarter ranking was two spots below its position in the second quarter.
Hong Kong: Apple's rank in China's smartphone market, which is set to become the world's largest this year, fell to No 6 in the third quarter as it faces tougher competition from Chinese brands, research firm IDC said on Thursday.
Apple's third quarter ranking was two spots below its position in the second quarter in terms of China's smartphone market share by shipments, IDC said. The US giant's market share in China was under 10 per cent in the third quarter.
IDC's release comes a day after Apple's shares fell more than 6 per cent, logging its biggest single-day loss in four years, as a result of stiffer competition in the mobile devices market.
- Bihar Dy CM Tejaswi Gets 44,000 Marriage Proposals On WhatsApp
- Pierce Brosnan Thought He Was Endorsing A Tooth Whitener, Twitter Had A Field Day
- Pan Masala Row: Saddened to Know It Can Cause Cancer, Says Pierce Brosnan
- Gaya Road Rage: Patna High Court Grants Bail to Suspended JD(U) Councillor's Son
- Hillary Clinton's Win Would Result in Spread of ISIS: Donald Trump
- Trump Gains on Clinton, Poll Shows 'Rigged' Message Resonates
- Donald Trump Seeks to Bar Sexual Misconduct Claims from Trump University Trial
- Jack Reacher: Never Go Back Review: Lacks Suspense, High-Adrenaline Thrills