Apple slides to No 6 in China smartphone market
Apple's third quarter ranking was two spots below its position in the second quarter.
Hong Kong: Apple's rank in China's smartphone market, which is set to become the world's largest this year, fell to No 6 in the third quarter as it faces tougher competition from Chinese brands, research firm IDC said on Thursday.
Apple's third quarter ranking was two spots below its position in the second quarter in terms of China's smartphone market share by shipments, IDC said. The US giant's market share in China was under 10 per cent in the third quarter.
IDC's release comes a day after Apple's shares fell more than 6 per cent, logging its biggest single-day loss in four years, as a result of stiffer competition in the mobile devices market.
Recommended For You
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Kumble Defends Kohli & Co, Says It Was Just One Bad Day For India
- BKD: Varun- Alia Bring Back Desi Vibes in Aashiq Surrender Hua
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology