Arbaaz Khan: Malaika is my sounding board
Arbaaz Khan says Malaika Arora Khan has been his constant pillar of support throughout the making of 'Dabangg 2'.
Mumbai: Actor-filmmaker Arbaaz Khan says his wife and co-producer Malaika Arora Khan has been his constant pillar of support throughout the making of 'Dabangg 2', which he directed.
"She is my wife and she is the co-producer of the film. Right from the time I started making the film, from the subject of the film, to finalising the actors, where I will be shooting... I used to discuss everything with her," Arbaaz told IANS.
"She was there as more of a sounding board. I wouldn't say she was creatively involved in the films, because that's not her job, that is not her domain and that is not what I wanted her to do. She is my wife and she is as much as the producer as I am," he added.
Arbaaz says it is a natural progression for him to turn director.
"It's a very natural progression in the film industry. People want to do different things. I always wanted to make a movie. It is just that there was an opportunity to be an actor early in my career, but I always at some stage wanted to make my movie, produce and direct a film and when the opportunity came to me, I had to avail it," he said.
'Dabangg 2', releasing Dec 21, features Salman Khan, Sonakshi Sinha and Prakash Raj.
- Watch: Masand's Verdict On Tom Cruise's Jack Reacher: Never Go Back
- Islamic State Using Civilians as Human Shields Against Iraqi Troops: UN Official
- Philippines President Duterte Does a U-turn, Says Won't Sever US Ties
- Jack Reacher: Never Go Back Review: Lacks Suspense, High-Adrenaline Thrills
- Karan Johar Vs MNS: CM Fadnavis Turns Peacemaker
- Varun Gandhi Rejects Charges Against Him As False, Frivolous
- Raj Thackeray Claims Victory, Rs 5 Cr Penance For Producers Employing Pak Artistes
- After Rita Bahuguna Joshi's Exit, More Congress Veterans Eye BJP