Archery coach Lenin dies in car mishap
Two 2010 Commonwealth Games silver medallists - Ch Jignas and Ritul Chatterjee - were also injured in the mishap.
Vijaywada: Archery coach Ch Lenin died in a car accident in Vijaywada on Sunday. Two 2010 Commonwealth Games silver medallists - Ch Jignas and Ritul Chatterjee - were also injured in the mishap.
Initial reports said the car they were travelling in hit a divider en route Vijaywada.
The accident came a day after sportspersons of Andhra Pradesh, who got a rich haul of medals at the recently-concluded Commonwealth Games in New Delhi, were felicitated by the state government at the Jubilee Hall in the Public Gardens.
While the gold medallists were given `10 lakh each, those who got silver were given `7.5 lakh and bronze medallists were give `5 lakh.
In all, nine of the 12 sportspersons of Andhra Pradesh took part in the function and were felicitated by a host of dignitaries, including the Chief Minister K Rosaiah, the Governor E.S.L. Narasimhan, and State Sports Minister Komatireddy Venkat Reddy, among others.
The coaches were also acknowledged for their contribution to their wards success.
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- SpaceX Chief Elon Musk Unveils Plans That Could Take Humans to Mars Very Soon
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- Saamna Cartoonist Expresses Regret Over Cartoon That Triggered Protests
- Indus Water Treaty: India Can't Unilaterally Separate Itself, Says Sharif
- Pakistan Capable of Meeting Any Threat: Nawaz Sharif
- Collapse of SAARC Summit Unfortunate, Says Mehbooba Mufti
- World Bank Commits to Fulfilling Obligations Under Indus Waters Treaty: Pakistan