Archery coach Lenin dies in car mishap
Two 2010 Commonwealth Games silver medallists - Ch Jignas and Ritul Chatterjee - were also injured in the mishap.
Vijaywada: Archery coach Ch Lenin died in a car accident in Vijaywada on Sunday. Two 2010 Commonwealth Games silver medallists - Ch Jignas and Ritul Chatterjee - were also injured in the mishap.
Initial reports said the car they were travelling in hit a divider en route Vijaywada.
The accident came a day after sportspersons of Andhra Pradesh, who got a rich haul of medals at the recently-concluded Commonwealth Games in New Delhi, were felicitated by the state government at the Jubilee Hall in the Public Gardens.
While the gold medallists were given `10 lakh each, those who got silver were given `7.5 lakh and bronze medallists were give `5 lakh.
In all, nine of the 12 sportspersons of Andhra Pradesh took part in the function and were felicitated by a host of dignitaries, including the Chief Minister K Rosaiah, the Governor E.S.L. Narasimhan, and State Sports Minister Komatireddy Venkat Reddy, among others.
The coaches were also acknowledged for their contribution to their wards success.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil: Ranbir Kapoor-Anushka Sharma's Love-Hate Relationship On Set
- I Am Botoxed, so Are Most People in the Film Industry: Karan Johar
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Which One To Buy: Apple iPhone 7 Plus or Google Pixel XL
- Will Act Against Raj Thackeray if he Breaks Law: Fadnavis
- Diwali Gifts: Top Cars in India That Are Ideal for It
- PM Modi Likely to Spend Diwali on Indo-Tibetan Border with ITBP Jawans
- Govardhan Puja: An Important Part of the Celebrations of Diwali
- Diwali: Festival of Lights