Argentina win women's Champions trophy
Silvina D'Elia scored the lone goal in the first half as Argentina defeated Britain 1-0.
Rosario: Silvina D'Elia scored the lone goal in the first half as Argentina defeated Britain 1-0 on Sunday in the final of the Champions Trophy women's field hockey tournament.
The event, seen as a key warm up for this year's London Olympics, has now been won five times by Argentina.
In the third-place match earlier on Sunday, the Netherlands defeated Germany 5-4. Japan defeated New Zealand 3-2 for fifth place.
The Argentina-Britain match drew extra interest with the two countries embroiled in a dispute over the Falkland Islands, a British possession which Argentina claims and calls Las Islas Malvinas. Thirty years ago, the two countries fought a 74-day, undeclared war over the remote South Atlantic islands.
- Lisa Haydon Just Announced Her Marriage to Boyfriend Dino Lalvani
- Glad Tutak Tutak Tutiya Being Compared With Bhool Bhulaiyaa: Prabhu Deva
- Prabhu Deva is the Sweetest Person in the Industry: Farah Khan
- Gareth Bale Wants More European Glory after Champions League Win
- SAARC Summit Could be Postponed If India Not Attending: Pakistan
- Collapse of SAARC Summit Unfortunate, Says Mehbooba Mufti
- Talk and Terror Can't Go Together: MEA
- Don't Boycott SAARC Summit, Hold it Without Pakistan: Congress