Argentina win women's Champions trophy
Silvina D'Elia scored the lone goal in the first half as Argentina defeated Britain 1-0.
Rosario: Silvina D'Elia scored the lone goal in the first half as Argentina defeated Britain 1-0 on Sunday in the final of the Champions Trophy women's field hockey tournament.
The event, seen as a key warm up for this year's London Olympics, has now been won five times by Argentina.
In the third-place match earlier on Sunday, the Netherlands defeated Germany 5-4. Japan defeated New Zealand 3-2 for fifth place.
The Argentina-Britain match drew extra interest with the two countries embroiled in a dispute over the Falkland Islands, a British possession which Argentina claims and calls Las Islas Malvinas. Thirty years ago, the two countries fought a 74-day, undeclared war over the remote South Atlantic islands.
- Windfall for Ace Lawyers As Tata-Mistry Courtroom Battle Set to Prolong
- Excerpts From the Mistry Email Alleges That Ratan Tata was a Behind the Scenes Presence
- Cyrus Mistry's Explosive Email to Tata Board Hints He Was Made a 'Lame Duck'
- Full Text of Cyrus Mistry Interview that Tata Group Scrapped
- Indian, Afghan Spy Agencies Patronising Terror: Pakistan Tells US
- Watch: Talking point With Zakka Jacob
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: India Beat Malaysia 2-1 to Seal Top Spot
- Don't Invite Foreign Teams to Pakistan in Current Situation: Shoaib Akhtar