DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Argentina win women's Champions trophy
Silvina D'Elia scored the lone goal in the first half as Argentina defeated Britain 1-0.
Rosario: Silvina D'Elia scored the lone goal in the first half as Argentina defeated Britain 1-0 on Sunday in the final of the Champions Trophy women's field hockey tournament.
The event, seen as a key warm up for this year's London Olympics, has now been won five times by Argentina.
In the third-place match earlier on Sunday, the Netherlands defeated Germany 5-4. Japan defeated New Zealand 3-2 for fifth place.
The Argentina-Britain match drew extra interest with the two countries embroiled in a dispute over the Falkland Islands, a British possession which Argentina claims and calls Las Islas Malvinas. Thirty years ago, the two countries fought a 74-day, undeclared war over the remote South Atlantic islands.
Recommended For You
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere
- Should Have Been Picked to Play in IPL Final, Says Harbhajan Singh