Arjun Atwal misses cut by one shot in US
Atwal missed the cut by one shot despite two birdies on his second nine in the second round of the Frys.com Open.
San Martin: Arjun Atwal missed the cut by one shot despite two birdies on his second nine in the second round of the Frys.com Open on the PGA Tour.
Atwal, who was lying way down after a two-over 73 in the first round, ended at even par 142 while the cut came at one-under 141.
The Indian started at the tenth and bogeyed the 13th, but then birdied the 15th, first and sixth.
John Mallinger opened a four-stroke lead following an eagle and two birdies on the final four holes for a course record-tying 9-under 62. He eagled the par-5 15th and closed with consecutive birdies to reach 14 under.
The 33-year-old Mallinger is winless in seven seasons on the PGA TOUR.
Billy Horschel (65) and Jhonattan Vegas (67) were second at 10-under 132. Nicolas Colsaerts (68), Nick O'Hern (71) and Scott Dunlap (63) were tied 4th at nine-under 133.
- US Asks Pakistan to Take Action Against Terrorist Outfits
- Indian Army's Surgical Strike Across LoC Was Carefully Measured: Experts
- IMPPA Passes Resolution Temporarily Banning Pakistani Artistes In India
- Soldier Inadvertently Crossed LoC, Pakistan Has Been Informed: Army
- We Have the Right To Defend Ourselves: Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore
- Pakistan Need To Be Taught A Lesson: Venkaiah Naidu
- Pakistan Violates Ceasefire Again in J&K's Akhnoor District
- Opposition backs government over counter attack against Pakistan