Arjun Atwal misses cut by one shot in US
Atwal missed the cut by one shot despite two birdies on his second nine in the second round of the Frys.com Open.
San Martin: Arjun Atwal missed the cut by one shot despite two birdies on his second nine in the second round of the Frys.com Open on the PGA Tour.
Atwal, who was lying way down after a two-over 73 in the first round, ended at even par 142 while the cut came at one-under 141.
The Indian started at the tenth and bogeyed the 13th, but then birdied the 15th, first and sixth.
John Mallinger opened a four-stroke lead following an eagle and two birdies on the final four holes for a course record-tying 9-under 62. He eagled the par-5 15th and closed with consecutive birdies to reach 14 under.
The 33-year-old Mallinger is winless in seven seasons on the PGA TOUR.
Billy Horschel (65) and Jhonattan Vegas (67) were second at 10-under 132. Nicolas Colsaerts (68), Nick O'Hern (71) and Scott Dunlap (63) were tied 4th at nine-under 133.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 3310: This is How The Remodeled Unit Will Look Like
- HIL 2017 Live Updates: Kalinga Lancers vs UP Wizards, Semi-final
- AB de Villiers Breaks Sourav Ganguly's Record
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology