DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Armed forces housing for married by 2018: Antony
The release said the members told the meeting that Married Accommodation Project (MAP) project should be expedited without further delay.
New Delhi: Defence Minister AK Antony on Friday told members of the parliamentary consultative committee attached to his ministry that Married Accommodation Project (MAP) for the armed forces personnel will be completed by 2018.
Addressing the committee meeting, Antony said there was delay in the implementation of phase two of the project and the third and fourth phases have been combined to catch up with the time lost.
The meeting was held to discuss on Military Engineering Service (MES) and Married Accommodation Project (MAP).
According to an official press release, MAP was initiated after a study carried out by the three services and the service headquarters in 2001. It identified the acute shortfall of married accommodation for Officers and other ranks of the armed forces, to the tune of 198,881 dwelling units.
In order to complete the project in a limited timeframe and to put the construction process on a fast track, the need was felt to create a dedicated agency and accordingly, a directorate for MAP was carved out of the MES in 2002.
The release said the members told the meeting that MAP project should be expedited without further delay.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli and Co Take Time Off After Practicing Hard in London
- This Old Picture Of Shah Rukh Khan, Farah Khan and Karan Johar Is Pure Gold
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Yuvraj Singh Joins Squad After Illness