Armstrong should lose Tour titles: WADA chief
WADA chief John Fahey says that Lance Armstrong should be stripped of his seven Tour de France titles.
World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) chief John Fahey has told Reuters that American cyclist Lance Armstrong's decision not to fight doping charges meant there was substance' to those allegations and that he should be stripped of his seven Tour de France titles.
Armstrong on Thursday said he would no longer fight charges by the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency, which quickly said it would strip him of his titles and ban him from competitive cycling.
"He had the right to rip up those charges but he elected not to, therefore the only interpretation in these circumstances is that there was substance in those charges," Fahey told Reuters in a telephone interview on Friday.
"My understanding is that when the evidence is based upon a career that included seven Tour de France wins then all of that becomes obliterated."
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official
- 2nd Test: Pakistan Build Commanding Lead Over West Indies
- Hockey: India's Top Five Victories Over Pakistan
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: India Prevail 3-2 in Pacy Encounter vs Pakistan
- DMK Will Not Let Minority Rights to be Snatched Through UCC: Stalin
- Watch: Kapil Sharma Leaves ADHM Cast in Splits
- Ranbir Kapoor, Aishwarya Rai's Scorching Chemistry Will Make Your Jaws Drop
- The Break up Song in Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Promotes Women Empowerment: Karan Johar