Armstrong should lose Tour titles: WADA chief
WADA chief John Fahey says that Lance Armstrong should be stripped of his seven Tour de France titles.
World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) chief John Fahey has told Reuters that American cyclist Lance Armstrong's decision not to fight doping charges meant there was substance' to those allegations and that he should be stripped of his seven Tour de France titles.
Armstrong on Thursday said he would no longer fight charges by the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency, which quickly said it would strip him of his titles and ban him from competitive cycling.
"He had the right to rip up those charges but he elected not to, therefore the only interpretation in these circumstances is that there was substance in those charges," Fahey told Reuters in a telephone interview on Friday.
"My understanding is that when the evidence is based upon a career that included seven Tour de France wins then all of that becomes obliterated."
- Kohli Has Strong Basics, is a Complete Batsman: Laxman
- NZ Captain Hit By Bug Ahead of India Test
- New Zealand Take Tips From Ganguly Ahead of 2nd Test
- Virat Kohli Plays Down his Personal Form
- Soldier Inadvertently Crossed LoC, Pakistan Has Been Informed: Army
- Watch: Talking point With Zakka Jacob
- Watch: Big5@10 With Bhupendra Chaubey
- Watch: India @9 With Zakka Jacob
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18