Militants attack Army convoy in Rajouri, 1 killed
Nine others, including two Army jawans, were injured in Rajouri district on Wednesday.
Jammu: A woman was killed and nine others, including two Army jawans, were injured when a passenger bus was fired at by militants during an attack on an Army convoy in Rajouri district on Wednesday.
A group of militants perched on hill tops fired at the vehicle of a Commanding Officer of Rashtriya Rifles. A bus passing through the area got hit in the attack, Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP), Rajouri, R K Jalla said.
In the firing, one woman died and 9 others were injured, two of them Army jawans, he said.
Army troops returned the fire and a heavy gunbattle followed which was continuing till last reports came in. The bus passengers have been evacuated and the injured admitted to a hospital in Rajouri.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Oscars 2017: Why The Sudden Criticism For La La Land Is Disappointing
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Lionel Messi on Target as Barcelona Edge Atletico Madrid
- Oscars 2017: Why Dev Patel Deserves to Win for Lion