Army Chief sends notice to Lt Gen Dalbir Singh
Gen Singh has alleged the Lt Gen of 'unprofessional and lackadaisical manner' in handling an intelligence unit.
New Delhi: A week before his retirement, Army Chief General VK Singh has reportedly sent a notice to Lt General Dalbir Singh who is tipped to be the Army Chief in 2014 after Lt General Bikram Singh retires.
Reports say that in his notice, Gen Singh has alleged the Lt Gen of "(his) unprofessional and lackadaisical manner" in handling an intelligence unit under his command that allegedly carried out a botched operation.
This comes two months after General VK Singh had recommended a CBI probe against him which the government had turned down.
Lt Gen Dalbir Singh is currently Commander of the 3 Corps which functions under the Eastern Army Command headed by Army Chief designate Bikram Singh.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films
- Oscars 2017: Why Dev Patel Deserves to Win for Lion
- Oscars 2017: 20 Lesser Known Facts About the Most Prestigious Film Awards
- PV Sindhu Says All England is Like Any Other Super Series for Her