Army Chief sends notice to Lt Gen Dalbir Singh
Gen Singh has alleged the Lt Gen of 'unprofessional and lackadaisical manner' in handling an intelligence unit.
New Delhi: A week before his retirement, Army Chief General VK Singh has reportedly sent a notice to Lt General Dalbir Singh who is tipped to be the Army Chief in 2014 after Lt General Bikram Singh retires.
Reports say that in his notice, Gen Singh has alleged the Lt Gen of "(his) unprofessional and lackadaisical manner" in handling an intelligence unit under his command that allegedly carried out a botched operation.
This comes two months after General VK Singh had recommended a CBI probe against him which the government had turned down.
Lt Gen Dalbir Singh is currently Commander of the 3 Corps which functions under the Eastern Army Command headed by Army Chief designate Bikram Singh.
- Cauvery Row: Siddaramaiah Calls All-Party Meet to Decide on SC's Order to Release Water
- PM Modi Holds Meeting Over Cauvery Water Sharing Dispute
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha
- Cauvery Water Row: Centre Fails to Broker Deal Between Karnataka, TN
- China Urges India, Pakistan to Cool Down Situation
- Grandmother of Captured Indian Soldier Chandu Babulal Chavan Dies of Shock
- India Shouldn't Unilaterally Scrap Indus Waters Treaty: Medha Patkar
- Confident of his Safe Return: Brother of Soldier Who Strayed Across LoC