Army Chief Gen VK Singh meets Nepal President
Gen Singh is in Nepal to attend a 3-day Regional Seminar on Natural Disaster Management and Humanitarian Assistance.
Kathmandu: Army Chief Gen VK Singh on Thursday met Nepal President Ram Baran Yadav and wished peace and prosperity for his country. Singh, who is in Nepal to attend the three-day Regional Seminar on Natural Disaster Management and Humanitarian Assistance, called on President Yadav at the Rastrapati Bhawan in the capital.
Indian Ambassador to Nepal Jayant Prasad was also present at the meeting. Singh during the brief meeting wished "for peace and prosperity of Nepal."
On the occasion, President Yadav shed light on the age-old friendly ties between Nepal and India.
Singh is also scheduled to meet Prime Minister Baburam Bhattarai and Deputy Prime Minister and Defence Minister Bijaya Kumar Gachhadar.
On Wednesday, the Indian Army Chief held bilateral talks with his Nepalese counterpart Gen Chatraman Singh Gurung at Army Headquarters.
He is scheduled to return to Delhi on Friday.
- Soldier Inadvertently Crossed LoC, Pakistan Has Been Informed: Army
- Watch: Talking point With Zakka Jacob
- Watch: Big5@10 With Bhupendra Chaubey
- Watch: India @9 With Zakka Jacob
- Kohli Has Strong Basics, is a Complete Batsman: Laxman
- NZ Captain Hit By Bug Ahead of India Test
- New Zealand Take Tips From Ganguly Ahead of 2nd Test
- Virat Kohli Plays Down his Personal Form
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18