Army Chief Gen VK Singh meets Nepal President
Gen Singh is in Nepal to attend a 3-day Regional Seminar on Natural Disaster Management and Humanitarian Assistance.
Kathmandu: Army Chief Gen VK Singh on Thursday met Nepal President Ram Baran Yadav and wished peace and prosperity for his country. Singh, who is in Nepal to attend the three-day Regional Seminar on Natural Disaster Management and Humanitarian Assistance, called on President Yadav at the Rastrapati Bhawan in the capital.
Indian Ambassador to Nepal Jayant Prasad was also present at the meeting. Singh during the brief meeting wished "for peace and prosperity of Nepal."
On the occasion, President Yadav shed light on the age-old friendly ties between Nepal and India.
Singh is also scheduled to meet Prime Minister Baburam Bhattarai and Deputy Prime Minister and Defence Minister Bijaya Kumar Gachhadar.
On Wednesday, the Indian Army Chief held bilateral talks with his Nepalese counterpart Gen Chatraman Singh Gurung at Army Headquarters.
He is scheduled to return to Delhi on Friday.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli and Boys Go Trekking To Unwind After Pune Debacle
- Ranveer Singh Is Exactly Who He is Dressing As, Says His Stylist
- Salman Khan's Rumoured Girlfriend Iulia Vantur Sings His Songs at an Event
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone