Army foils 12 infiltration attempts by Pakistani terrorists since June
Lt General Gurmit Singh said most of the terrorists belong to Pakistan-backed Lashkar-e-Toiba.
Srinagar: Pakistani Army is trying to push terrorists into India through the Line of Control in Jammu and Kashmir by keeping the Indian forces engaged by firing at their positions.
Even as several infiltration attempts have been made by terrorists backed by Pakistan, the Indian Army has killed many infiltrators and recovered a large quantity of arms, ammunition, explosives and other items.
On Friday the Indian Army said it has killed 28 terrorists since June and foiled at least 12 infiltration attempts. General Officer Commanding 15th Corps Lt General Gurmit Singh also said that infiltration attempts have been continuing while displaying arms and explosives recovered from the terrorists.
Lt General Gurmit Singh said most of the terrorists belong to Pakistan-backed Lashkar-e-Toiba. There are several hundred terrorists waiting to infiltrate into India, he added.
- Soldier Inadvertently Crossed LoC, Pakistan Has Been Informed: Army
- Watch: Talking point With Zakka Jacob
- Watch: Big5@10 With Bhupendra Chaubey
- Watch: India @9 With Zakka Jacob
- Kohli Has Strong Basics, is a Complete Batsman: Laxman
- NZ Captain Hit By Bug Ahead of India Test
- New Zealand Take Tips From Ganguly Ahead of 2nd Test
- Virat Kohli Plays Down his Personal Form
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18