Army Giving Befitting Reply to Ceasefire Violations: Parrikar
Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar
New Delhi: A day after a jawan was killed in firing by Pakistani troops, Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar on Monday said the Indian Army was giving a befitting reply to such ceasefire violations.
"Ceasefire violations have taken place in hundreds for the last five-six years...Check out the figures. The only difference is that if they do it now, we give a befitting reply," he said.
An Indian Army jawan was yesterday killed as Pakistani troops violated ceasefire twice along the LoC in Jammu and Kashmir's Rajouri district.
Parrikar had earlier equated the Indian Army to 'Hanuman' and made a reference to the Ramayana in which the monkey God crossed an ocean in a single stride after he was reminded about his extraordinary powers by Jamwant.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- Kumble Defends Kohli & Co, Says It Was Just One Bad Day For India
- BKD: Varun- Alia Bring Back Desi Vibes in Aashiq Surrender Hua
- Oscars 2017: Of Androgynous Fashion Moments at Red Carpets