Army Giving Befitting Reply to Ceasefire Violations: Parrikar
Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar
New Delhi: A day after a jawan was killed in firing by Pakistani troops, Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar on Monday said the Indian Army was giving a befitting reply to such ceasefire violations.
"Ceasefire violations have taken place in hundreds for the last five-six years...Check out the figures. The only difference is that if they do it now, we give a befitting reply," he said.
An Indian Army jawan was yesterday killed as Pakistani troops violated ceasefire twice along the LoC in Jammu and Kashmir's Rajouri district.
Parrikar had earlier equated the Indian Army to 'Hanuman' and made a reference to the Ramayana in which the monkey God crossed an ocean in a single stride after he was reminded about his extraordinary powers by Jamwant.
Recommended For You
- Ajinkya Rahane Just Walked Out & Said I Will Dominate: KL Rahul
- National Flag Protest: Oppo India Acknowledges 'Incident', Deeply Regrets it
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 (Black) Review: The Perfect Phone at Rs 12,999
- Avail Lowest Fares With AirAsia To Travel Across Asia and Australia
- Spider Man Home Coming Trailer Has a Lot of Iron Man in It