Army helicopter crashes at Siachen, pilots safe
The Dhruv helicopter, flown by two pilots of the Army Aviation Squadron, crashed in the northern glacier at around 8:00 AM.
New Delhi: An Army helicopter, on air maintenance operations, crashed on Monday morning in the icy heights of Siachen glacier but both the pilots survived the accident and were being evacuated for treatment, army sources said.
The advanced light helicopter (ALH) Dhruv, flown by two pilots of the Army Aviation Squadron, crashed in the northern glacier at around 8:00 AM, the sources said.
They said of the two pilots, one had fallen into a crevasse on the glacier and was being moved to safety. The other pilot has suffered minor cuts, the sources said.
"Both the pilots are safe and are being evacuated for further treatment," they said.
The Dhruv ALH Mark III, of the Army Aviation Squadron, had taken off from Leh on Monday morning for Siachen as part of air maintenance operations, the sources said.
- I Pray For Her Long And Healthy Life: PM Modi Wishes Lata Mangeshkar On 87th birthday
- Key Moments From Lata Mangeshkar's Life You May Have Missed
- Lata Mangeshkar Has A Special Message For Her Fans In Pakistan
- Fresh Picture of Lalu's Sons With Scribe-Murder Accused Surfaces
- Karnataka Defers Cauvery Water Release to Thursday
- Karnataka Parties Against Release of Cauvery Water
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- Siddaramaiah Says Not Possible To Release Water Right Away