J&K: Army kills 5 terrorists in Ganderbal
The fierce encounter took place Kangan in Ganderbal district of Jammy and Kashmir.
Srinagar: The Indian Army has killed five terrorists in a fierce encounter at Kangan in Ganderbal district of Jammy and Kashmir. The encounter took place on Monday morning.
"Five terrorists have been killed in a counter-insurgency operation in Wangat forest area of Kangan. We are trying to ascertain the identity and group affiliation of the slain terrorists," defence spokesman Lt Colonel JS Brar said. Police sources said the slain terrorists were believed to be a group of foreigners, who might have infiltrated into the Valley recently.
Meanwhile, in another terror-related incident, ultras fired upon a joint party of Army and police in Poshwari area of Shopian district in south Kashmir but there were no casualties reported.
The joint search party was fired upon at around 9.30 AM from an orchard but the security forces did not retaliate due to the presence of civilians, who were packing apples, the sources said. A search operation has been launched in the area to track down the assailants, they added.
(With additional information from PTI)
- BJP Terms Family Feud in Samajwadi Party as 'Fixed Match'
- Samajwadi Party Feud: Shivpal Yadav Vacates Official Residence
- Samajwadi Party Feud: Akhilesh Briefs Governor on Political Crisis
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: Shivpal Expels Akhilesh's Aide Pawan Pandey From Party
- AASU Threatens to Foil BJP's Move to Extend Citizenship to Minority Communities From Pak, Bangladesh
- Lendl Simmons Sacking Led to Windies Meltdown, Claims Kieron Pollard
- Pakistan to Stage 'Fly-In, Fly-Out' T20 Final in Lahore
- Amazon Great Indian Festive Sale: Top 5 Deals on Smartphones