DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Army officer escapes Kashmir blast, civilian dead
Initial investigations reveal that the Maruti car used in the explosion had its number erased.
Jammu: A senior Indian Army officer had a narrow escape on Monday as a car bomb exploded while he was on his way to a military hospital in Jammu and Kashmir, police said. The blast left a civilian dead and two injured.
According to sources, the explosive device was triggered by a remote control when the car of Major General DS Pathania crossed the vehicle in Udhampur, about 65 km north of Jammu.
Window panes of the army officer's car were damaged. Initial investigations reveal that the Maruti car used in the explosion had its number erased.
Recommended For You
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams: It Coasts Along on the Strength of Nostalgia
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Take a Journey Through the Lives of Famous Sportsmen With These Films
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi