Army officer's wife arrested for illegal entry into IGI airport
The accused showed the print out of a cancelled air ticket issued in her name to gain entry into the airport.
The wife of an Army officer has been arrested for allegedly entering into IGI Airport in Delhi with the print out of a cancelled ticket, police said on Tuesday. The woman, identified as Usha Pandey, was intercepted on Sunday night when she was exiting the airport by CISF personnel after they found her behaviour suspicious.
"On verification, the ticket she was carrying was found to be forged following which she was handed over to the Delhi Police," said a police official. Later, a forgery case was registered against her. During investigation, it was found that Pandey, who had come to see off her daughter at the airport, had showed the print out of a cancelled air ticket issued in her name to gain entry into the airport.
"Pandey had booked a ticket as she was accompanying her daughter to abroad, but later she got her ticket cancelled. She used the print out of the same cancelled ticket to enter the airport which is a crime," the official said. As per police sources, the woman is a teacher while her husband is an Army official.
- UN Chief Condemns Terror Attack on Police Academy in Quetta
- Watch: From Friend-turned-foes to Friends Again, The Saga of Mulayam and Amar Singh
- Pakistan Selectors Name Unchanged Squad for 3rd Test Against West Indies
- India can Produce up to 492 nuclear Bombs, Claims Pakistan Think-tank
- New Zealand PM Arrives, Modi Likely to Seek Support on NSG Entry During Meet Tomorrow
- PM Modi Warns of Action Against Those Who 'Snatch' Tribal Rights
- Tata Leadership Tussle Moves from Boardroom to Courtroom
- Tata Shake-up May Distract Group from Restructuring Efforts