DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Army officer's wife arrested for illegal entry into IGI airport
The accused showed the print out of a cancelled air ticket issued in her name to gain entry into the airport.
The wife of an Army officer has been arrested for allegedly entering into IGI Airport in Delhi with the print out of a cancelled ticket, police said on Tuesday. The woman, identified as Usha Pandey, was intercepted on Sunday night when she was exiting the airport by CISF personnel after they found her behaviour suspicious.
"On verification, the ticket she was carrying was found to be forged following which she was handed over to the Delhi Police," said a police official. Later, a forgery case was registered against her. During investigation, it was found that Pandey, who had come to see off her daughter at the airport, had showed the print out of a cancelled air ticket issued in her name to gain entry into the airport.
"Pandey had booked a ticket as she was accompanying her daughter to abroad, but later she got her ticket cancelled. She used the print out of the same cancelled ticket to enter the airport which is a crime," the official said. As per police sources, the woman is a teacher while her husband is an Army official.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli Says Champions Trophy Most Competitive 'Big' Tournament
- Maruti Suzuki Says Most Models to Have Automatic Transmission Options by 2020
- Krunal Pandya: Kept Cool Head, Knew MI's Chances Rested On My Shoulders
- Snapchat 'Custom Stories' Feature Looks Promising For Group Outings
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish