Cabinet approves Rs 2300 cr for One Rank One Pension
Every ex-serviceman will be eligible for the same pension at his rank, regardless of when he joined or retired.
New Delhi: In what comes as a bonanza for the ex-servicemen, the Cabinet on Monday approved the long pending One Rank One Pension. The Cabinet okayed a package of Rs 2300 crore for One Rank One Pension.
The armed forces have been agitating for a One Rank One Pension scheme for quite long.
According to the scheme, every ex-serviceman will be eligible for the same pension at his rank, regardless of when he joined or retired.
The cabinet has also cleared dearness allowance by seven per cent for all central government employees. Reports indicate the new dearness allowance will now come up to 72 per cent of basic pay, and is expected to cost the exchequer more than Rs 5000 crore.
Notably, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh had during his speech on the Independence Day mentioned about the One Rank One Pension scheme.
- Chief Justice of India Differs With Arun Jaitley on Courts Delaying Arbitration
- Debit Card Fraud: Jaitley Seeks Report, Says Aim is to Contain Damage
- Reliance Jio 4G Speeds Slow? Here's What You Need to Know About Daily FUP
- Ranbir Kapoor, Anushka Sharma Explain Why Working With Karan Johar is Special
- Donald Trump Seeks to Bar Sexual Misconduct Claims from Trump University Trial
- Hillary Clinton, Trump Spending Furiously as Election Day Approaches
- Nintendo Switch: Here's Why Twitterati is Relating The Game Console to Porn
- Nintendo Switch Home And Handheld Gaming Modular Console Released
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18