DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Armyman's wife files plea to produce 'missing' husband
The petitioner claimed her husband was a whistleblower and was detained for informing higher ups about corruption in the DSC.
Kochi: An armyman's wife has filed a habeas corpus petition in the Kerala High Court seeking a direction to the Defence Security Corps to produce her "missing" husband, who she claimed was a whistleblower and was detained for informing higher ups about corruption in the DSC.
Petitioner Rajani, hailing from Thiruvananthapuram, claimed that her husband G Viswanath, a soldier in DSC, was being 'detained' by the command officer of DSC Platoon 88 after he informed defence authorities about alleged corruption in the corps.
She complained that her husband's mobile phone had been seized and his officer had also threatened to shoot him. Her attempts to contact him failed and his whereabouts were unknown, she stated.
The petitioner stated that her husband had sent a letter through some of his colleagues in which he mentioned about the threat to his life.
Recommended For You
- Would Have Approached the 2003 World Cup Differently if T20s Existed Then: Tendulkar
- IPL 2017: Mumbai Indians Thank 'Nani' For Thrilling Victory
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Manchester Arena Terror Attack: All You Wanted to Know About Ariana Grande
- Ford Names James Hackett As New CEO