Arrest of Panama ship ordered
CHENNAI: The Madras High Court on Friday ordered the arrest of MV Gati Pride, flying a Panamanian flag and now lying at the Port o..
CHENNAI: The Madras High Court on Friday ordered the arrest of MV Gati Pride, flying a Panamanian flag and now lying at the Port of Chennai. The petitioner has made out a prima facie case to order the arrest of the ship belonging to Gati Coast to Coast, a division of Gati Limited, Justice KBK Vasuki said. According to Bino Wesley of Moongil Eari in Pammal, her husband TS Frank Midson was appointed as Third Officer in the ship under an agreement dated Nov 22, 2011 on a monthly salary of `1 lakh.
The ship was ordered to be arrested on an earlier occasion on Dec 19, 2011 for non-payment of wages to its workmen. After the owners settled the dues, the ship was ordered to be released only in the last week of March this year. However, during the period of arrest, the vessel was lying idle, not properly maintained and was grossly deficient in equipment, man-power and safety arrangements. On March 24, her husband met with an accident while handling the deck stores. He was rushed to Kamatchi Hospital where he was declared brought dead.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, Nokia 5 Price and Specifications in Pictures
- Ranveer Singh Is Exactly Who He is Dressing As, Says His Stylist
- Watch: How VJ Bani Debunks Stereotypes With Her Heavy Weight Training
- Ryan Gosling's Reaction To Oscars 2017 Best Picture Mix Up Is Priceless
- Big Boy Rahkeem Cornwall Welcomes England to Caribbean Islands