Arunachal Pradesh: IPS officer goes missing
Gauhati HC had appointed Chauhan as the special investigating officer of the multi-crore PDS scam in Arunachal Pradesh.
Itanagar: An IPS officer has gone missing from Tippi in West Kameng district of Arunachal Pradesh when he was on his way to Tawang from Itanagar. Superintendent of Police of the Special Investigation Cell in the state police, MS Chauhan, went missing from Tippi on Tuesday at around 2.30 pm when he, along with two of his subordinate staff, was going to Tawang.
Chauhan asked inspector Mohan Kaye and constable Vikram Singh of the Special Investigation Cell, who were accompanying him, to drop him at Tippi market and wait for him at a nearby river where he would join them for lunch. There was no information of his whereabouts since then, West Kameng SP T T Lama said.
The SP, however, ruled out any possibility of his being kidnapped, arguing that the place where Chauhan got down from the vehicle was a busy area. "We have launched a search since last night, but no clue on his whereabouts has yet emerged," Lama said.
A case has been registered in the Bhalukpong police station. The Gauhati High Court had appointed Chauhan as the special investigating officer of the multi-crore PDS scam in Arunachal Pradesh in 2008.
Recommended For You
- Porter's Son Thangarasu Natarajan: From Tennis Ball Star to IPL Big Bucks
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- IPL 2017: Hyderabad Pacer Siraj Says "Want to Take Virat Kohli's Wicket"