Arunachal Pradesh: Three killed in landslides
A Report from East Siang district stated that the water level of Siang is flowing above danger level.
Itanagar: Three persons including two minors were buried alive, while several others were seriously injured this morning when massive landslides triggered by torrential rain washed away several dwellings in and around the state capital, police sources said.
A three-year-old girl died when landslide hit her house near Pachali power house while a 4 year boy died when his house caved in near Heema Hospital and one person was buried alive at Romik Colony at P Sector here this morning, city Superintendent of Police Chuku Appa said.
Several injured people were admitted to hospitals in Itanagar while conditions of a few are stated to be critical, the SP added. Incessant rain during the past couple of days triggered massive landslips today in several points along the NH 52 (A) disrupting surface communication between Itanagar to Banderdewa and Itanagar to Hollongi.
The state PWD along with Border Road Task Force (BRTF) cleared all the blockades by noon for movement of vehicles which were earlier in the day diverted through Doimukh.
A Report from East Siang district stated that the water level of Siang is flowing above danger level and posing serious threat to Pasighat, the oldest town of the state.
Namsai circle in Lohit district is under flood threat with all the major rivers and their tributaries are flowing above danger mark.
- PM Modi Appreciates Those Revealing Undisclosed Income
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Box Office Collection Crosses Rs 21 Crore on Day 1
- Indian Army Chief Arriving in J&K to Review Security Situation
- UN Chief Offers to Mediate Between India, Pak to De-escalate Tension
- India 'Hiding' Casualties in Surgical Strike, Says Pakistan Army
- PCB Refuses to Comment On BCCI President's statement on Indo-Pak Cricket Ties
- Pakistan Postpones SAARC Summit After Five Member Countries Pull Out
- India's Claim of Surgical Strike False: Pakistan to UN Chief