Arunachal: SIT to probe missing IPS officer's case
The Arunachal Pradesh government on Friday handed over the case of missing IPS officer MS Chauhan to SIT.
Itanagar: The Arunachal Pradesh government on Friday handed over the case of missing IPS officer MS Chauhan to a Special Investigation Team (SIT) of the state police, official sources said. Chauhan, who is the SP of the Special Investigation Cell of the state police, went missing mysteriously from Tippi on Tuesday when he was going to Tawang from Itanagar with inspector Mohan Kaye and constable Vikram Singh.
He had handed over one of his cell phones to his driver while leaving the vehicle at Tippi market and asked them to wait for him at a nearby river where he was supposed to join them for lunch. IGP (Crime) Arvind Deep on Thursday informed that the police had definite clues on Chauhan s whereabouts and the case would be cracked soon.
Chauhan who was transferred to Delhi on October 8 and relieved from duty on October 10 surprisingly did not leave the state. An IPS officer of 1998 batch of the Union Territory cadre, Chauhan is heading the SIC constituted by the Gauhati High Court in 2008 to probe the multi-crore PDS scam in the state.
He had charge-sheeted 56 persons including former chief minister Gegong Apang, five Congress MLAs, two ministers besides several IAS officer and contractors in the scam. He was waiting for prosecution sanction of the Arunachal Pradesh government against another 36 accused in the Rs 1000 crore PDS scam. He was also instrumental in stalling the release of 56 crore to PDS contractors through an affidavit of the Arunachal Pradesh government in the Supreme Court.
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: South Korea Strengthen Semifinal Claim With 5-3 Win Over China
- Madhur Bhandarkar Happy Over End of Protests Against ADHM
- I'm a Gujarati at Heart, Says President Pranab Mukherjee
- Hockey: India's Top Five Victories Over Pakistan
- Samajwadi Party Youth Wing Torches Effigy of Amar Singh
- News360: Can Patriarch MSY Solve Chacha-Bhatija Spat?
- Amar Singh Got Akhilesh Story Planted in Newspaper: Ashu Malik
- SP's Abu Azmi Lashes Out at Amar Singh, Blames him For Crisis in Party