Arunachal Times journalist shot at in Itanagar
Gunmen shot journalist Tongam Rina of the Arunachal Times from close range when she was entering her office at about 6:15 pm.
Itanagar: A woman journalist was shot at by unknown gunmen and critically injured on Sunday when she was entering her office in Itanagar in Arunachal Pradesh.
Gunmen shot journalist Tongam Rina of the Arunachal Times from close range when she was entering her office at about 6:15 pm, police said.
Thirty-four-year-old Rina is the associate editor of Arunachal Times, a popular daily and the first English newspaper of the state owned by former chief minister Gegong Apang.
Her backbone and intestines were affected by the bullets, police said.
Chief Minister Nabam Tuki rushed to the Ramakrishna Mission Hospital where she is undergoing an operation.
The police have launched a manhunt to arrest the culprits, sources said.
Recommended For You
- Mercedes-Benz E-Class Extended Wheelbase Launched at Rs 56.15 Lakh in India
- India vs Australia: Tale of Two Sessions That Cost Hosts the Pune Test
- Watch: How VJ Bani Debunks Stereotypes With Her Heavy Weight Training
- Salman Khan's Rumoured Girlfriend Iulia Vantur Sings His Songs at an Event
- Ryan Gosling's Reaction To Oscars 2017 Best Picture Mix Up Is Priceless