DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Arunachal Times journalist shot at in Itanagar
Gunmen shot journalist Tongam Rina of the Arunachal Times from close range when she was entering her office at about 6:15 pm.
Itanagar: A woman journalist was shot at by unknown gunmen and critically injured on Sunday when she was entering her office in Itanagar in Arunachal Pradesh.
Gunmen shot journalist Tongam Rina of the Arunachal Times from close range when she was entering her office at about 6:15 pm, police said.
Thirty-four-year-old Rina is the associate editor of Arunachal Times, a popular daily and the first English newspaper of the state owned by former chief minister Gegong Apang.
Her backbone and intestines were affected by the bullets, police said.
Chief Minister Nabam Tuki rushed to the Ramakrishna Mission Hospital where she is undergoing an operation.
The police have launched a manhunt to arrest the culprits, sources said.
Recommended For You
- Would Have Approached the 2003 World Cup Differently if T20s Existed Then: Tendulkar
- Trescothick Takes Wonder Catch and Scores 50th Century For Somerset
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Saif Ali Khan Opens Up About Ex-wife Amrita Singh In This Old Interview
- Manchester Arena Terror Attack: All You Wanted to Know About Ariana Grande