Arrest warrant against Asaram Bapu for his remark on Delhi braveheart
Asaram had said that the 23-year-old student was as responsible for the ghastly incident as the six accused.
Muzaffarpur (Bihar): A Muzaffarpur court has issued an arrest warrant against the the self-styled godman Asaram Bapu for his alleged sexist remarks on the Delhi braveheart. The warrant was issued after he ignored two summons.
Asaram had incited public outcry when he claimed that the gangrape victim could have saved herself by addressing her violators as brothers and asking for mercy. He had said that the 23-year-old student was as responsible for the ghastly incident as the six accused who have been arrested by the Delhi Police.
Addressing his supporters, he had said, "Only 5-6 people are not the culprits. The victim daughter is as guilty as her rapists. She should have called the culprits brothers and begged before them to stop...This could have saved her dignity and life." He had quipped, "Can one hand clap? I don't think so."
The statement of the godman was backed by his spokesperson, who instead of apologising or dismissing the statement, reiterated that the braveheart should have reminded the culprits of god to save herself.
The Delhi braveheart, a paramedical student, was brutally raped and assaulted in a moving bus in New Delhi on the night of December 16 and died of her injuries on December 29 in multi-speciality Mount Elizabeth Hospital in Singapore.
- Nawaz Sharif Talks to Army Cheif, Reviews Pakistan's Defence Preparedness
- It's High Time We Respond to Terrorism: John Abraham
- Time For Pakistan To Learn Some Lessons: Subramanian Swamy
- India Has Sent Right Signal To Pakistan And World, Says Shashi Tharoor on Surgical Strike
- Uran Terror Scare: Navi Mumbai Cops Call Off Search Operation
- Navy Calls off Search Operations in URAN; ATS, Police Continue the Hunt
- Police Release Sketch of Suspects Based on School Children's Description
- Uran Terror Alert: Police Release Sketches of 2 Suspects