Rajasthan government to pay Rs 3 lakh to girl allegedly raped by Asaram
The police had filed the chargesheet against Asaram and his four aides in the case of sexual assault on a minor on August 15.
Jodhpur: The Jodhpur High Court has ordered the Rajasthan government to pay Rs 3 lakh as compensation to the minor survivor who was allegedly sexually assaulted by self styled godman Asaram. The court has also said that there must be a speedy trial in the case.
After over two and a half months of investigation, the police filed the chargesheet against Asaram and his four aides on Wednesday in the case of sexual assault on a minor on August 15.
In what has added to the troubles of Asaram the police have also slapped section 370 of IPC charging 72-year-old of human trafficking in the chargesheet besides rape, sexual assault, criminal conspiracy and wrongful confinement.
Asaram is also charged under stringent sections of Prevention of Children from Sexual Offences Act POCSO and Juvenile justice Act.
Onus will now lie on Asaram to prove before the court that he is not guilty. If found guilty in the case, the self-proclaimed godman could be given a life term as per the provisions.
Court has extended the judicial custody of Asaram and the four co-accused in the case Shilpi, Sharat, Shiva and Prakash till November 16.
- Centre Forms Three-member Committee to Keep Bird Flu in Check
- Death of 15 Birds in Gwalior Zoo Rings Alarm Bells
- 31st October Movie Review: Has Nothing New to Offer
- Nearly 500 Dead, Food Running Out in Aleppo: UN Chief
- Watch: Karan Johar Reveals His Funniest Moments On Koffee With Karan
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 6: Salman Khan Loves Lokesh's Funny Antics
- Philippines President Duterte Does a U-turn, Says Won't Sever US Ties
- Reliance Jio 4G Speeds Slow? Here's What You Need to Know About Daily FUP