Asaram enjoying VIP treatment in jail: Sources
Asaram is also being given special food which has been cooked at the homes of jail officials.
Jodhpur: Self-styled godman Asaram, accused of sexually assaulting a 15-year-old girl at his ashram, is reportedly enjoying VIP treatment in the Jodhpur Central Jail.
Besides being provided bed and bedding, Asaram is also being given special food which has been cooked at the homes of jail officials. Two of his followers have been provided to him as his personal attendants. The two were arrested for indulging in violent protests demanding Asaram's release.
When Asaram demanded he be provided water of Ganga river for bath, the jail authorities made sure that it was done.
Meanwhile, Jodhpur Deputy Commissioner of Police Ajay Pal Lamba, whose team arrested Asaram, has allegedly received a fax threatening him over the case.
The 72-year-old Asaram was sent to jail on Monday after he was remanded in 14-day judicial custody by a Jodhpur court. Asaram was arrested in Indore following an FIR lodged by the victim that she was sexually assaulted by him.
- Ranji Trophy, Group C: Andhra Turn Tables on J&K; Himachal Force a Draw Against Tripura
- Kabaddi World Cup 2016: Coach Dedicates Title Win to Uri Martyrs
- Watch: Karan Johar Reveals His Funniest Moments On Koffee With Karan
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 6: Salman Khan Loves Lokesh's Funny Antics
- Watch: Masand's Verdict On Tom Cruise's Jack Reacher: Never Go Back
- Islamic State Using Civilians as Human Shields Against Iraqi Troops: UN Official
- Jack Reacher: Never Go Back Review: Lacks Suspense, High-Adrenaline Thrills
- Islamic State Has Seized 550 Iraqi Families to Use as Human Shields, Says UN