Asaram denies wasting water, says people use more water for bathing
Spiritual leader Asaram has come under criticism for indulging in pre-Holi celebrations wasting water.
Nagpur: Spiritual leader Asaram Bapu has denied any wastage of water in Nagpur in Maharashtra, saying more water is used to have a bath. In a statement, Asaram said, "Only one tanker of water was used by thousands of people, so each person used only a minimal amount of water. We use far more to have a bath. We will continue to play Holi with water in other places and states where our gatherings have been scheduled."
Asaram Bapu has come under flak for indulging in pre-Holi celebrations wasting water. Even as the state of Maharashtra is reeling under its worst drought in over four decades, the spiritual leader and his followers used tonnes of water.
In fact, he had water tankers brought in from the Nagpur Municipal Corporation for the occasion. Activists staged a black flag demonstration outside the venue to protest against the misuse of water.
The Nagpur Municipal Commissioner has issued a notice to Asaram Bapu over wastage of water and an inquiry has also been ordered.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 3310: This is How The Remodeled Unit Will Look Like
- HIL 2017 Live Updates: Kalinga Lancers vs UP Wizards, Semi-final
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology