Asaram denies wasting water, says people use more water for bathing
Spiritual leader Asaram has come under criticism for indulging in pre-Holi celebrations wasting water.
Nagpur: Spiritual leader Asaram Bapu has denied any wastage of water in Nagpur in Maharashtra, saying more water is used to have a bath. In a statement, Asaram said, "Only one tanker of water was used by thousands of people, so each person used only a minimal amount of water. We use far more to have a bath. We will continue to play Holi with water in other places and states where our gatherings have been scheduled."
Asaram Bapu has come under flak for indulging in pre-Holi celebrations wasting water. Even as the state of Maharashtra is reeling under its worst drought in over four decades, the spiritual leader and his followers used tonnes of water.
In fact, he had water tankers brought in from the Nagpur Municipal Corporation for the occasion. Activists staged a black flag demonstration outside the venue to protest against the misuse of water.
The Nagpur Municipal Commissioner has issued a notice to Asaram Bapu over wastage of water and an inquiry has also been ordered.
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official
- 2nd Test: Pakistan Build Commanding Lead Over West Indies
- Hockey: India's Top Five Victories Over Pakistan
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: India Prevail 3-2 in Pacy Encounter vs Pakistan
- Akhilesh Yadav Sacks Shivpal From Ministry, Mulayam Camp Expels Ram Gopal
- No Mercy: Stage Set For Big Showdown Between Mulayam and Akhilesh Camps
- Samajwadi Party Family Feud: Timeline of Happenings in Uttar Pradesh Pari-war
- CM's Prerogative, Says Congress on Sacking of 4 UP Ministers